24 October 2010

"I'm gonna get you..."-Life

Every now and again, when you think things are going really smooth, life jumps out and gets ya! Well life, you got me pretty damn good this time.
I grew up in the Boise area of Idaho and really enjoyed it. I made it through elementary and junior high school without any big problems. I did pretty well in high school, until my senior year and I decided to be a total goof off…BAD IDEA! I got very far behind in homework assignments, started failing almost all my classes and lied to my parents about it. Like always, they eventually found out and my ass got straight to work on all those missing assignments. After some hard work and a lot of late nights, I was able to enjoy the end of senior year, graduate with high honors, and get into a great university. I had a great boyfriend and we decided to go to school together at the University of Utah. I spent all summer getting everything packed up and ready for my first step into the real world…college in Salt Lake City, Utah. Summer vacation went by super quickly and before I knew it I was saying goodbye to my mom, papa and grandma, after they had dropped me off and helped move me into my dorm. School started off pretty well. I made a lot of new friends and classes weren’t too difficult. I spent a lot of time on extra-curricular activities and not so much on studying, but during my first semester that was working for me. Christmas break came and went, and when I got back for second semester I fell into that same routine of all play and no homework; this time it did not fly so well. I started really struggling in classes and soon I became a bit too overwhelmed. I got to a point where I was so far behind; I didn’t even know where to begin. So, I just stopped caring and my grades reflected that…BAD IDEA! I focused on finding a job and I was successful. I found a great job and I truly enjoyed what I did and who I worked with. Summer vacation came around again, and this time I was having a lot of fun making Salt Lake City my home. Unfortunately, that “great” job didn’t provide a great amount of hours, thus didn’t pay a great amount of money either. I was always stressed about paying my portion of bills, rent and groceries. That is when I finally decided to talk to my momma about all the things that were going on and discuss some options…GREAT IDEA! Whenever I do not know what to do, I just call up my momma and she can always help.
So, now here I am in Phoenix, Arizona! My parents moved here shortly after I moved to Utah and I made the decision to move back “home”. I am excited about all the possibilities this fantastically warm state has in store for me. I miss a lot of things and people about Utah, but when it comes down to it, I really think this was the smartest move for me at the time. I am, in a way, able to start all over. New surroundings, new people and a whole new me! Life, you sure got me good, but now I am getting you back! Move aside, here I come!    

No comments:

Post a Comment