28 October 2010

NanoWrimo 2010...and a little extra news

During the month of November this really awesome event happens, NanoWrimo, a.k.a. National Novel Writing Month. You basically register for a month of literary and creativity hell, hoping in the end you will have prevailed and written your very own novel! Well, this year, I have decided to take on this challenge. Whether I am setting myself up for failure or for greatness is debatable, but all I know is I am going to give it one hell of a shot! From 12:00am on November 1st to 12:00pm November 30th the goal is to write 50,000+ words. In order to even come close to that, you need a story that can take you at least that far…or a story in general, which is something at this point I am lacking. Only 4 days until I am supposed to be starting and I have NO IDEA what I am going to write about. Any suggestions?! I better think of one real quick or there will be no fist pump of victory happening and no certificate saying “You are such a bad-ass! You kicked novel writing square in the face!”. I attempted this once before during my junior year in high school, but I failed miserably. I became too busy with sports and schoolwork and writing that I actually had to do, so NanoWrimo got pushed to the back burner and never made it back up front. So my goal this time around is to write as much as I can everyday and make it to that 50,000+ word count! I hope the second time goes much better than the first.
On another note, life in Phoenix is going pretty well I would say. Ya know, except for the no job and no new friends thing…haha. I am really enjoying being around my family again, but I really miss all my friends back in Utah…and Idaho. There is also this one particular guy who has gotten my attention, for a second time. He is really amazing and pretty much perfect. He always says super cute/sweet things to me and we have a ton in common. Also, he is very, very attractive…which we all know is definitely a nice thing. We talk a lot which is good, but it would be fantastic if we were in the same state still, that way it could be a lot more than talking. Dates would be nice and if we could squeeze in a little kissing, I would not be upset about that. He is a pre-med/pysch major graduating this year from the University of Utah and he is thinking about coming to grad school in Arizona! That is definitely something I am hoping happens lol. I hope to be able to visit Salt Lake City soon, so I can not only see him, but also my bestest friend in the whole world…and probably some other people too. I just need to find this magic money somewhere that is going to pay for a bunch of plane tickets to visit them A LOT! One can dream right ;-) haha.   

No comments:

Post a Comment